Thursday, July 20, 2006

I've moved!

Oh, dear God, but it's over! Everything is finally inside my new Victorian home!

The views are quite pretty, the area picturesque and I'm starting to love it. I start my new job on Monday and it seems like it's going to be a very fun gig.

I've also dropped off my application at the local community and state colleges to teach nights. I think my new life is making me more independent and self-reliant. Many people say that making a move is supposed to shake you out of your comfort zone -- that's the best reason to move.

As for freelancing, I'm subscribing to every local magazine and contacted a woman I met in Sacramento who was looking for part-time editing. Always keep track of business cards and e-mail addresses -- you never know when your paths may cross again. And luckily, she was delighted to hear from me!

Maybe this was exactly what I needed.

No comments: