Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I love it here!

I drove home last Friday and was looking at all the tall palm trees and nonblinding sunshine and it was only 78 degrees with a cool breeze. And it was late August. It was heaven.

And I realized, for the first time in my life, I don't want to live anywhere else. It was perfect. The weather was exactly what I wanted all my life -- a place not filled with blinding sunshine or oppressive heat. A place where I didn't see mirages over the asphalt. A place where I didn't wake up every morning with a sheen of sweat (OK, there was that one week in July ...!)

Maybe it took me this stage in my life to appreciate the beauty and simplicity of this place. Just like I had to be in my late 20s before I could appreciate someone like my SO. Sometimes we grow up enough to fit into our surroundings rather than finding surroundings that fit us.

On the writing front, I have a new assignment due next Tuesday and one I should be doing now! Enough of this!

No comments: