Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Weekend of No Sleep

Wow, there I was watching four episodes of "Mad Men" on video-on-demand Thursday night while I stayed up until 2 a.m. Friday finishing some copywriting (hey, I guess I needed my inspiration!)

I got up at 7:45 a.m. and staggered around before doing a quick rewrite before work, do spell-check and send it off. I stupidly told her I would send it before noon on Friday.

This morning I got up at 8 a.m. to go to the salon for a 9 a.m. appointment for a partial-highlight and cut. The girl was incredibly unprofessional and snotty. "I don't take credit cards, I only take cash," she said. THANKS FOR NOT TELLING ME THE WHOLE TIME I CALLED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, CHECKED ON THE APPOINTMENT OR THE HOUR YOU KEPT ME SITTING IN A CHAIR WITHOUT A MAGAZINE WHILE YOU CHATTED WITH COWORKERS AT THE BACK OF THE SALON.

Seriously, do all people suck now? Or is it just me? What happened to "Would you like a magazine?" especially if you're charging $130 for your services?!?

I think it's done. I have to go to San Francisco or Walnut Creek for real service. That blows, but hey, I'm tired of people who don't even know how to act! Besides, doing my highlights should take a seasoned professional only about 25 minutes, not the 45 it seems to take them. OK, enough bitching. As you were.

Anyway, I haven't had enough sleep. That's all.

No comments: