Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh, money, how I love thee ...

The thing I don't like about my MFA program is that it's geared towards literary fiction/nonfiction. And while that's great and all, I want to write chick-lit. I want to make money. And why is that wrong?

I say that all the time in my classes and my classmates laugh as if I'm joking. I'm so not.

I thought about what book really made me laugh out loud and the last book I bought where I immediately wanted to buy any additional books by the author.

Answer? "Bridget Jones's Diary" by Helen Fielding. It was (and still is) painfully, hilariously good. Sure, not everything can be 100 percent har har har, but it's pretty close to 92 percent. Awesome work. And for those of you who write literary anything, try writing something funny, it will kick your ass.

Kudos, Ms. Fielding!

No comments: