Monday, February 11, 2008

Procrastination


Oh, man, I wish I could be the poster girl for activity and determination, but lately I'm the poster girl for -- *procrastination*.

Why do I do it? I don't know. I prefer to sit surfing the Internet until 1 a.m. or watching bad reality TV (I know, kind of an oxymoron) instead? Apparently, I 'd rather do anything than writing about my trip to the coast or about lighting options for the home? See, I will get no sympathy from you. Nor should I. It is a prison of my own making.

On a more writing-oriented/job note, I decided to link to this Web site which gives ideas on what questions to ask in a job interview. I was particularly drawn to a few, especially the follow-up questions that most of us forget:

Ask:
  • Where you stand in the selection process. What's next? When should you expect to hear from the company?
  • Whether there are other candidates and how you compare.
  • How soon the company expects to make a decision.
  • If there is anything else you can provide to show your qualifications or
    demonstrate your interest in the position.

No comments: