Saturday, December 04, 2010

Take A Break! You'll Need It!

It's a tough market out there. People who tell you otherwise are trying to sell you something. Does that mean there's still money out there? Yes, but it means you're going to have to be a bit more determined and develop a thicker skin for rejection.
I know, doesn't that fill you with hope and enthusiasm?!? I'm still working and making money but I've found out that working less is actually probably healthier for me. I can use the time to get into shape and take care of myself, something I haven't been doing for the last four years. That really came home to me in the last few months.

I've been noticing all the women driving on the highways of Northern California eating over the steering wheel, their eyes on the road. And it's almost always women, even with a carseat in the car. And I've thought, "That's no way to live."

So if you're out there eating in your car, putting off time or health care for yourself but spending it on others, it's time to take a break. For your own sake and the sake of your family. Take at least 10 minutes of your day to eat a meal at a table, think abour your day and what you're doing to get closer to your goals. You owe youself that.

No comments: