Saturday, August 05, 2006

A quiet Saturday ...

I'm using today to finish writing my health story for a major metro newspaper, which ideally should have been done a few weeks ago, but with the moving -- that proved to be difficult. I plan on turning it in on Monday and hoping for the best.

Now that I have a full-time job, I'm finding it hard to steer myself away from looking at freelance markets. I still look at them, but probably not as hard as I used to. I also think I should concentrate on the job more than outside work at the moment. However, I still need to make about $400 each year freelancing or I can't take a business deduction.

I did find a freelance opportunity at a regional magazine which looked good. Not only are they looking for advertorial (which I could write without a byline) but also some home improvement articles.

I still have a grand total of five articles to finish, three of which are quick hits when I visit my home on the weekend, and the other two are this health story and the winter homes issue out late this year. It's mostly done but not due until September.

My husband is coming today for a visit! And I'm stuck here writing a health article while he potters around the Victorian. My cat, Miguel, seems very anxious lately. I'm thinking the ghosts are bothering him.

No comments: