Saturday, January 20, 2007

Why is Feb. 1 so important?

This weekend is the weekend before my birthday (yay!) and dedicated to work. Yuck, I know. But grad schools are awaiting writing samples before the Feb. 1 deadline so I have to edit and rewrite until I'm somewhat satisfied with my work. Then I'm done! (Except for those journalism award deadline things which are also -- you guessed it, early February!)

It's funny. I love my job. I really do. I haven't said that in ages. I love the supportive environment, that no one is looking over my shoulder and deciding I'm not dedicated for leaving at 5:45 p.m. I love it!

Thirdly, I'm heading out to look at a winery this morning then off to quarry because my editor wants me to see it.

And I'm still owed $500! Man, I could use it, too.

No comments: