Sunday, July 27, 2008

I admit it, I'm bitter

pd_layoff_080116_mnYes, I am. Laid off isn't fun, especially when you consider the alternative -- making money and have health insurance.

My severance package give me healthcare until Halloween...isn't that an odd date? I know. I guess because it makes it a scary, scary time to not have health insurance.

Meanwhile, I have applied everywhere and not a peep from anyone. OK, that's not true, I got one missive that said, "Thanks, we'll be evaluating resume in mid August. If you are selected, we will be contacting you then."

I have gotten some good feedback on freelance work, so maybe I will have more. It's hard to say. At some point you have to wonder if it will be enough to make you bid farewell to $450 a week of unemployment. Sigh.

No comments: