Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Never weigh yourself on Christmas

Man, I did and realized I weighed 15 pounds more than I thought I did. Of course, I was on my period and just ate Christmas dinner consisting of ham, potatoes and bread. I was also wearing winter clothes including a heavy belt. So I think I actually am 15 less than I thought.

My SO weighed himself and was surprised he weighed 10 pounds more than he thought ... so we hit the gym. In the rain.

I also cracked my tooth on toffee and am need of an emergency crown, but because I'm not writhing in pain, it can wait until the dentist is done with vacation tomorrow. C'est la vie.

In case you haven't seen my recent essay in the Chronicle, here's a link. I will be honest and say I am not easy to buy for because I'm kind of judgmental. It's better if you just take me out to lunch or buy me a sage I can plant in my garden. I guess I don't tell people my secret desires much, either. Bad idea -- because if you don't do that, who will ever get you one of them?

No comments: