Saturday, December 23, 2006

Unhappiness at Xmas

I don't know about you, but I'm always disappointed with Christmas. It's not unusual since Christmas is known for creating its own mini-depression. Apparently, you are to surround yourself with positive people, only buy as much as you can afford and help others.

I guess that's a good start. Perhaps Christmas is simply a time for family to come together as an adult. But when your family life was less than desirable to begin with or being around family is unhealthy, you're kind of stuck, aren't you? I mean, my childhood was pretty hellish and my family is beyond dysfunctional, I can only imagine what kids from families with addiction and other serious problems do at this time.

Does everyone pretend those things go away on Christmas? Or are they like me and only spend 2-3 hours there, making sure to leave before the name-calling and accusations start?

Oooo, I just felt an earthquake!

No comments: