Sunday, May 16, 2010

MayDay! MayDay! MayDay!

Apparently my permalance blogging contract is dying in June -- their choice, not mine -- and I'm busily looking for more cash. In the meantime, I'm trying to post more on my other gigs to highlight my work. And all this during finals week! Eeeeek! And that's why I'm crying, "MayDay! MayDay! About to crash and burn!"


My goal is to get another sweet blogging contract, but those aren't as easy to find. I'll miss the money, but I can't say I'm not eager to try something new. I just hope it pays!


I'll be traveling to Singapore in a few weeks, so hopefully I can work that into a travel piece or something. I should have a few weeks of vacation where I can concentrate on freelance writing. My goal is to sell 10 pieces this year. Last year I think I only sold about six, but I admit to not trying as hard -- because I had steady income (see blogging above.) But times are tough and part of being a freelancer means that you must diversify your portfolio. That also means always look for new clients.

No comments: